Chocolate Ganache Tart
Another elegant, easy and luxurious tart baked for a potluck for the Husband's office party....it was a definitely a HIT.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Make dough: In a food processor, pulse cashew or almond until finely ground. Add sugar, flour, zest (if desired), and salt; pulse until combined. Add butter, pulsing until coarse crumbs form with no large butter lumps (dough should clump together when squeezed with fingers).
- Immediately transfer the coarse dough to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan
- Bake in center of oven until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Make ganache: Place chocolate in a large mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Pour hot cream, through a sieve, over chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy in texture. Mix in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into center of cooled tart shell (if chocolate is lumpy, pass through a sieve). Let stand until set, about 2 hours, or chill for 1 hour.
- I used the wilton stencil to create a pattern, and dusted confectioner's sugar over the stencil just before serving