Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
And these were the final flavours of my cupcake sale...and my saaga concludes with this....I tell you baking these beauties were a just a joy. Especially when people who eat them tell you that they taste good, its such an encouragement to try out something else too!! The Recipe is from Joy of Baking which for me as never failed.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place rack in center of oven. Lightly butter (or spray with a non stick vegetable spray) or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Fold in the chopped almonds.
- In another large bowl whisk the eggs until lightly beaten. Then whisk in the sugar, oil, and vanilla extract until slightly thickened. Fold in the grated apple and grated carrots.
- Then fold this mixture into the flour mixture until incorporated. Evenly fill the 12 muffin cups with the batter and bake about 20 - 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and let cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: In the bowl of your electric, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until very smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla extract. Add more confectioners sugar if needed. Pipe the frosting on the top of each cupcake. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate the cupcakes until serving time. Can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.